Terms and Conditions of Use
The terms and conditions of use set out in this legal notice govern the terms and conditions of your use of this website.
Long & Humphrey (“the Firm”) is a law partnership having a registered business name with number 021627B and having a place of business at The Old Court House, Athol Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 1LD
The Partners are: Robert Long and Mark Humphrey.
The Firm is regulated by and maintains professional indemnity insurance in excess of the minimum required by the Isle of Man Law Society.
Our VAT Registration number is 003 1910 35.
Ownership of Materials
The Firm is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights of this website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property rights and laws throughout the world. All such rights are reserved.
You are permitted to display the materials on this website on a computer screen and to download and print a hard copy for your personal use provided you do not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
Except as above the Website content must not be copied, reproduced, retransmitted, used or otherwise dealt with for any other reason.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes.
You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with these terms and conditions of use;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- To reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of these terms and conditions of use;
- Or any of the materials on this website for commercial exploitation without our prior written consent;
- Or any content or any part of the website for any purpose or in any manner that may give a false or misleading impression of the Firm, its partners, staff or services;
- To establish a link to this website from any other website, intranet or extranet site without our prior written consent or as provided below; or
- To do anything that may interfere with or disrupt this website or our services.
You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party in the provision of our site.
By breaching this provision you may commit a criminal offence and where appropriate we will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a denial-of-service attack, distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
This website is provided free of charge and we make no guarantee that it will be uninterrupted or error free. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our site, or some part of it, is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms and condition of use, and that they comply with them.
Links to/from this Website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
We may, from time to time, provide links from this website to websites and resources that are provided or owned and controlled by third parties. These links are provided only for your information and convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Publications provided within or through this Website provide general information and do not constitute legal advice. Publications may be regularly updated by our legal staff, so please compare the date of any printed edition with those included on the Website to make sure that you have the latest version.
Suspension of Use
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a failure to comply with these terms and conditions of use through your use of our site. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions constitutes a material breach of the terms and condition of use upon which you are permitted to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you;
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- Further legal action against you;
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of our terms and conditions of use. The responses described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
THE FIRM DOES NOT GUARANTEE, WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT THE MATERIAL ON THIS WEBSITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT OR THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE FREE OF DEFECTS OR VIRUSES AND THE FIRM ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR SUCH MATERIAL.
NOTHING CONTAINED IN THE PAGES OF THIS WEBSITE SHOULD BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE OR AN OFFER TO PROVIDE LEGAL SERVICES. DETAILED PROFESSIONAL ADVICE SHOULD BE OBTAINED BEFORE TAKING OR REFRAINING FROM ANY ACTION BASED ON ANY OF THE INFORMATION OR MATERIAL CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE.
Information available on our website about the Firm, its services and events is continually developing and, occasionally, the information may be out of date.
Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information on this Website, any and all liability which might arise from your use or reliance on the information or links contained on the Website is excluded.
Information transmitted via this Website will pass over public telecommunications networks. The Firm makes no representation or warranty that the operation of this Website will be uninterrupted or error free and disclaims all liability in respect thereof.
To the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
1) All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
2) Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We reserve the right to update our site, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
We may revise these terms and conditions of use at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we have made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these terms and conditions of use may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions of use at any time. The new version will be posted on this website and will take effect immediately upon posting. If you use the website after the new terms and conditions of use have come into effect any further use of the website indicates your agreement to be bound by the new terms and conditions of use.
This legal notice and all issues regarding this site will be governed by Isle of Man law.
Should you have any questions regarding the use of this website or these terms and conditions then please email: email@example.com